October 2023 High/Low

 Forgiveness is a decision



Happy Fall! I spent the first day of fall hanging out with a coworker who I admire so much and I hope our association leads to a new friendship. 


The first week was spent working, doing Yoga at home, preparing for my niece's visit, running at the park, dealing with digestive issues and running errands. The weekend was spent watching a movie with Madame Ali and having dinner with my childhood friend C. 



The second week kicked my butt. My digestive issue went haywire and I had to adjust my routine to deal with it. But I'm grateful for long walks in the woods that allows me to be present and enjoy where I am in regards to my health issues or whatever problems cloud my day.



Trying to move forward while keeping a positive perspective is hard especially when your reality reminds you of the truth of your present moment. No matter how much you push forward, there’s still something that holds me back.



The third week of the month was filled with work, applying for a side job, contemplating the season changes and all the gadgets it brings. I ended the week attending the MiraVia Annual Banquet in uptown (a great organization that I will donate to in the future; I love the work) and running at the park.




The last week of this month was overwhelming. My acid reflux went into overdrive. Like I felt like something was stuck in my throat for 6 days straight and the medical professional that I sought help from did not provide me with answers. Also I was disappointed by the bed manners of the medical professional I sought help from. Nevertheless, this is not my end. I will learn from this, make the necessary adjustments and live. Life is worth living. My life is a gift from my Lord Jesus Christ and I will accept every cross that comes into my life.




I was able to run the Rural Hall 5K again this year. It was the first race that I ran last year after my surgery. It’s a blessing to be able to run it again.


Last day of this month ended up being the coldest day of fall thus far. I spent Halloween working, taking a walk at the park after work and praying that God would heal me of my digestive issues. 


It’s sadden me to say this but I’m not looking forward to the holiday season😞




~xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts