April 2024 High/Low

Waste not fresh tears over old griefs.

-Euripides



April is my birthday month! My birthday month came in with anxiety and worries over the future and a private matter which seems beyond my control. I did my best to focus on the present moment and enjoy the beauty that it behold. Although the present moment has its tiny crosses that I must accept (grudgingly) and carry them to the feet of my loving Lord Jesus Christ; it's still hard to endure and see the good in it all. I guess it's true what 's been said that when you are going to something, it's best to focus on surviving then asking why. 



The second week of my birthday month was spent working, adjusting to these tiny crosses I’ve been given and minding my own business. There’s no use crying over spilled milk or what ifs. All I can do is search for the beauty in this present moment and be grateful for it.



The third week of my birthday month was sleepy. I was a bit overwhelmed with work and life. I ended the week with a trip to Atlantic Beach NC. My first time visiting eastern Carolina. I ran a 5k at Fort Macon State Park and spent all day at the beach.






My birthday week started off on a bad note but God is good and I am loved by Him. When fears kept trying to swallow me whole, my faith reminded me that my God is Emmanuel, God with us. He is with me even now. He showed grace and mercy every day. 



For my birthday weekend, my sister Miss 29 (soon to be Miss 30) truly made it special. I am forever grateful to God for blessing me with a considerate little sister such as Miss 29.



On the last day of my birthday month, my baby sister Prescilla gave me the good news of her upcoming wedding.



Side note: if any one lives in CLT, go to Karaoke Ave in Hamilton. The staff there is amazing and there’s a mini library there.



~xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts