September 2023 High/Low

Love yourself



The devil truly tried me the first day of September. Maybe to test my faith or to see if all my recent wounds had truly healed yet but whatever the case was, the devil tried me. 



Labor day weekend was spent walking around downtown Matthews enjoying the

Matthews Alive Festival, hanging out at the coffee shop and running around the

park until sunset. 




Sometimes circumstances in life come to make us stronger.

And they may never change but your perspective and strength will be different from

the first time the circumstances appear. 


On the second weekend, I ran a 5K in Landis, NC called Run for the Word and

I took 3rd place for my age group. I enjoyed the run and to get a medal

that’s an added bonus.



The third week of September brought cool weather,

my cousin B's traditional (Congolese) wedding, long walks in the park, and

reminiscing of my old cross country running days.



As the summer comes to end, I’m left with memories of running around

the park with my sports bra because of the hot weather,

getting insect/bugs/mosquitoes bites, and watching sunset at the park. 

                                                   

The fourth weekend of September was spent celebrating my cousin B’s wedding until 1am.

It was nice to see my family dancing the night away. 

                                              

I ended the month having pho with my cousin H, working on a 2nd project and

dealing with digestive issues. Hopefully October brings me good news, positivity and

great health.


~xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts